Saturday, September 29, 2007

Week 8 Thing 19

I explored a few of the Web 2.0 Awards winners sites. You know me I immediately go for the game sites. They were cool, several cute new games that don't need to be downloaded and are free to play online. I also looked at some of the online desktop sites they were really cool. Goowy www.goowy.com/index.aspx and Desktoptwo https://desktoptwo.com/ were both really interesting. I like the idea of being able to access those things from one place. They both give you an email account, a calender, you can integrate certain instant messaging accounts and chat right from there etc. I liked and disliked they both for different reasons. Neither one links to enough instant messaging sites, goowy links to Yahoo or MSN and desktoptwo only links to MSN. Goowy allows you to play cool games and desktoptwo gives you word processing tools. Here again I could see us directing customers to these sites to do word processing and saving documents if they are unable to get a disk or are afraid of the disk being erased. There are a lot of cool Web 2.0 sites out there that is for sure

No comments: