Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 7 Thing 16!!!

I'm getting there and am determined to finish this before October 1st. Anyway! I think wikis are really cool. They are a great way for groups to share information work on projects etc. I think that libraries could really use these for branch or system projects, groups can work on the things together and see what progress has been made without having to email or call everyone on the team to find out what has been done and what still needs to be done. I have used wikis for school projects, we were able to put together a website and keep track of the project. It was easy to see who had done there portion of the project and who was trying to ride on the rest of us for the grade. I could see a library especially like Lansdowne using a wiki for the community and working with community businesses and services to update the page with what is going on in the community, where people can go to sign up for special classes, library programs etc. I really think that wikis definitely have a place in our service.

No comments: