Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 9 Thing 23!!!!!

I DID IT!!! Yay! I am so happy that I was actually able to finish the whole program. This was a great program, and if I have time I plan on going on and learning about more of the 43 things. Lets see for a summary. My favorite discoveries were playing with the Avitars and the different generators, playing with flickr, learning about RSS feed and learning about the down loadable books. This program has definitely helped with my life long learning goals, because I learned about 22 new things. That is great! I really enjoyed playing with the ebooks and I think that is something I will take away and use more. Playing with my blog here has also inspired me to keep my "MySpace" up to date a little more (I still need to add more pics though). The program was run very well. Some of the sites were a little hard to navigate through and not very user friendly. I think if possible a few more tutorials even if they are like the one for the RSS feeds would be a big help. Unfortunately being moved to a small branch in the middle I lost the ability to readily ask others who were working on the program for help, and just did not have the time to even email for help. I would most definitely choose to participate in other discovery programs like this on in the future. How would I describe my learning experience? I enjoyed the program, I wish I had actually had the time I needed to really explore all of the sites. I learned about a lot of new things, some I will use some I will not. I see the validity of all of these programs and can see where libraries can use and promote these tools. I am glad to have had the chance to participate in this program and expand my knowledge of Web 2.0

No comments: